Yesterday I shared how to make this easy marinade for veggie fajitas on my instagram stories! In an effort to make it easier to find for the future, I decided to put the recipe in a blog post. Sorry in advance I have one measly photo of this recipe… wasn’t thinking I was going to plop this thing on the gram or blog. But here we are…
This fajita marinade is ALMOST the exact same as my recipe for steak fajitas (find it HERE), with the only difference being the amount of oil used. Something I have been trying to do lately is watch how much fat I consume, as there have been studies showing a plant-based, low fat diet help with fertility. We’re still on our fertility journey (read more about that HERE), despite being in the middle of this corona-craziness. So any little bit helps! I still loveeeeee my healthy fats, I just try to be more mindful of portions.
I also used veggies from our Misfits Box for this recipe. Honestly, the Misfits Box has been so nice during this quarantine period. I love having fresh veggies delivered to my door.
To get 25% off your first Misfits Market order, use the code COOKWME-AB0BBY
Let’s get to it!
Veggies to marinade:
- 2 zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 2 poblano or Anaheim peppers, sliced lengthwise
- 2 green bell pepper, sliced lengthwise
- 32 ounces baby Bella mushrooms or 4 large portobello caps*
*I prefer using portobello caps, but I don’t recommend slicing the caps. They are difficult to grill once they are sliced. Our grocery store had baby Bella mushrooms on sale, so that’s why I used them in here. I decided to slice some of the baby Bella mushrooms to try and get them all to be about the same size since they were drastically different in size. Slicing is definitely not required.
- 1 cup soy sauce (low-sodium soy sauce is best)
- 1 red onion
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 2/3 cup lime juice (about 4-6 limes)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Romaine lettuce
- Pico de gallo
- Sautéed red onion
- Black beans
- sliced jalapeno
- Ezekiel wraps or whole grain tortilla (the base)
- Prep and slice the veggies. Then place in two gallon size ziplock bags. Set aside.
- In a blender, place all of the marinade ingredients. Blend until the marinade is completely liquid in an electric blender.
- Evenly divide the marinade among the two ziplock bags and coat the veggies. Store in the refrigerator for 2-12 hours (the longer the better).
- Grill veggies on medium high for 7-10 minutes using a grill matt or grill basket (we currently have a grill mat, but I’d prefer to buy a basket so we are limiting our exposure to unnecessary chemicals in the mat).
- Build your fajita! In a whole grain tortilla or Ezekiel wrap, place the grilled veggies and any toppings you’d like!
This marinade is a keeper! Enjoy!